Dislocated Mouth?

x-Lucy-Fish-x

:blink: Devereoux has done something weird to her mouth. Like.. y'know the little bit above the mouth that you can see under the 'nose' area when they chew? That bit has popped out, its white and is pushing up the 'nose' skin. :unsure:

Do I leave it and see if it pops back in itself, or try and pop it in myself?

Can you get a pic Lucy? It kind of sounds like what my angel did after a nasty fight with the female. I think it was a broken jaw and he couldnt feed very well.

Is your fish still feeding ok?

My camera battery died while taking those, so it might be a while, but i'll take a look.

Edit: Theres nothing in her mouth. I just fed her and shes eating, but wierdly because her lip is too far out so it kinda flaps about a bit and shes opening her mouth more to chew.. instead of properly chewing.

I think she might have opened her mouth too wide and maybe got it stuck round something so her top lip just... popped out.

Would giving her something chewy, like a dry pellet help do you think? If she opens her mouth wide again it might pop back in?

Hi Lucy - it looks like it may be either broken or dislocated :hmm but looking at the video, she's still able to eat well which is the main thing. Hopefully it'll right itself in time :)

Definitely look like her top jaw has popped out.

If I were you Lucy, I wouldn't hestitate try pushing the "popped-out" bit in, just a gentle push. If it doesn't pop straight back in, then it's broken. If it popped back in, great!

Hmmm sounds like it's gonna be that way from now on, maybe the mouth membrane has been stretched or the frame of the mouth has become bigger. Once it has popped out then it'll be more prone to do that again. up to u if u wanna push it back in again. Was it easy when u did it?

Really easy. That bit of skin thats supposed to cover it has been stretched, so it just slips back out past it.. it did pop itself back in again.. then out.. then in.. I think its out at the moment.

Archived