My Poor Nigel

My Nigel passed away last night. I really don't know what happened. He did not seem sick and the tank was cycled. Then again, I have no idea how old he was. If you guys remember, he was the fish with one eye and a broken dorsal fin that had been at my LFS forever. He was such a character. Always greeted me in the morning for breakfast. I really, really miss him. I just cleaned out his tank and I have this huge lump in my throat and I just wanna sit down and cry. I thought I would post here since you guys understand and my family of course does not.

nigel.jpg

:( I'm so sorry to read about Nigel passing away! Take comfort in knowing you gave him a good life while he was with you. I hope you feel better soon. :heart

:rip: Nigel, Missed but never forgotten!

:( That's too bad about Nigel,but as you kind of said,who knows what he'd been through before you came along.I guess at least think how happy he was while sharing your time with him.RIP Nigel. :heart

My Nigel passed away last night. I really don't know what happened. He did not seem sick and the tank was cycled. Then again, I have no idea how old he was. If you guys remember, he was the fish with one eye and a broken dorsal fin that had been at my LFS forever. He was such a character. Always greeted me in the morning for breakfast. I really, really miss him. I just cleaned out his tank and I have this huge lump in my throat and I just wanna sit down and cry. I thought I would post here since you guys understand and my family of course does not.

nigel.jpg

No one can imagine the personallity that evolves from fish such as these- your family- nor my friends understand the unique character s these enolve into - Mine is "Punch" always greeting me, and crazier still, always wants me to make contact and pet him and caress him under the chin- he lays in my hand and closes his eyes- so I fear I would be all that you are now in feelings and memories- as I well up in tyears witrh the thought, and at the same time understand your feelings that are only genuine to another purest form of life- I am sorry your fish passed away and hope you retian all the good memories of good times.

Eric

:( sorry to hear about nigel. it's good you gave him a comfortable home though. i'm sure he was more than happy that you made him a part of your family. may he rest in peace. :heart

So sorry you lost him. I know how hard it can be to lose a fish with no obvious reason. and he was such a pretty little thing. at least you had a good time with him while he was with you. you can know that he was happy and well cared for during his life. :rip:

Monkeygirl I'm so sorry your your loss :( You gave Nigel a great life and he loved you for it :hug

:rip: Nigel gone but your memory lives on.Sleep well little one :cry1

So so sorry about Nigel, he sounds such a character fish. I can really understand how upset you are feeling. I am the first to admit that I cry buckets over any that I lose, they all have little characters, some a little more than others, and they can really hurt you when they leave us. Hope you feel bette soon. RIP Nigel

I'm so sorry you lost Nigel :cry1 It's heartening to know you took him out of a place where he knew noone and made a home for him both in your house and your heart. This would've made his life wonderful :heart

Archived