Eggs, Babies, And Help !

Dayna

On Nov 15th I noticed two of my fish chasing my shubunik and didnt think anything of it. There were no breeding stars on the other fish. Thought they were playing. My first mistake.... I had to leave the house due to a family emergency.( They pulled the plug on my cousins wife). When I got home. I went into shock. There were eggs all over in my tank. I pulled out what I could and put into a tub with 6 inches of water.. Out of hundreds of eggs only 3 hatched :( Is this normal. Never had eggs before. ? Now they are chasing her again.. Not set up for more eggs yet.. I seperated them.. Is this ok to do ? Or will it cause her to be egg bound? I dont want to cause her any harm. She is the first fish that I bought 5 years ago. and one of my favorites. The babies all 3 of them are growing so fast. they are so cute. Cant wait to see what they turn out like a shabukin- commet cross. ! Yikes.... Wish some of my orandas or lion heads would do the same LOL

On Nov 15th I noticed two of my fish chasing my shubunik and didnt think anything of it. There were no breeding stars on the other fish. Thought they were playing. My first mistake....

Oh...I thought I was the only one to find a male without breeding stars. That's what I thought too, that he's not ready to spawn....

How are your fry doing? This is the first time my fish layed eggs so I don't know the answers to all your questions:D

Archived