What Kind Of Fish Would You Get?

Tinkokeshi

New tank... New fish... decisions, decisions...  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of fish would you get for a 72 gal tank?

• Fancy Goldfish
    • Comets
    • Tropicals
    • Arowana
    • Just cycle the tank and then decide...

okay, so here's my poll... lemme know what you think, cuz i really can't decide.

i currently have a 29 gal. with 1 red cap, 1 ryukin, and 1 rubberlip pleco. here are my thoughts about the new tank and what i should stock it with.

i'm a sucker for fancies.

i really like how comets have those flowy fins. so pretty...

use to have tropicals in the 29 gal. before we moved... we had neon tetras, glo-lite tetras, harlequin rasboras, red gouramis, and ghost shrimp. not all at once, but on and off.

i've always wanted an arowana, but from all the research i've done, they'd probably want a larger tank and are quite difficult to maintain. but they're soo cool!!!

haha so i need help in making my decision. :D

just to clearify, my favorite fancies are ryukins, orandas, and ranchu's are starting to grow on me.

comets are very pretty, cheap to buy, but i'd only be able to get 3 or 4.

tropicals would look really great, and i'd be able to get a variety of different community fish.

arowanas are carnivorous fish, and asian people really like them. we call them "dragon fish" and they're supposed to bring prosperity and luck to the house. unfortunately the more exotic colors i think are banned from being imported so we'll see. i want a red one. (here's a link if you don't know what an arowana is... http://arowanaclub.com/gallery/showphoto.p...t=1&thecat=998)

Arowana ,22 ya~ but which kind u wanna keep? silver arowana grow up to 4 FEETs!!!!!! Golden arowana which is a most expensive one is the smallest one~Arowana came from river, they r very hardy fish which only prefer one in each tank~ I got one when i was a kid~ very hardy~ez to keep too~ Please note,they prefer crickets for food.....

Arowana also came with alot of color.... I saw one super rare arowana once~call ""ICE arowana" Really really white, like snow white... very awesome~they also have green and red and stuff in asia,not sure if they got shoted for color be4 or....

haha hello jillian... just so you know. i can read chinese, however it's very rusty.

i'm fairly certain the blood red and gold arowanas are illegal to import because they are endangered due to the high demand. haha all us asians. but yeah, i know they are very popular and easier to find in hong kong and singapore i believe. there are lots of beautiful fish in asia that cannot be imported here to the states. :unsure:

=) i would have replied in chinese, but i type even slower than i read. haha. :rofl

lol my chinese is not to good either my hubby taught me i'm more used to cantonese then anything as that is what he taught me i like the blue arowana i can get one for like 25 @ the lfs i go to as the owner he is asian and my buddy all my fancy gf i get are imported from asia :D and i get a very good price for them i want a flower horn but i aint prepared to pay 20k for it either even though it is show quality but hubby wants an arowana but each time i bring it up he is like no blah blah

haha i have been trying to learn cantonese... my ex was cantonese. he wasn't very interested in teaching me though. :( we'll see if i ever get to learn. i find it hard to get the tones down... there are so many more compared to mandarin, and my friends are always like no it's not that tone... but when i repeat the words, it sounds the same to me. haha. :D

my hubby speaks cantonese,mandarin,and hakka, our daughter is learning very fast though i think i sound funny speaking cantonese as myself i am caucasion so i laugh at myself my daughter though has all her fathers features except she has my eye color which is blue and my hair color which is brown everything else is her dad to a T

:) wow your hubby should be a businessman. he would do very well in hong kong or taiwan. where is he from by the way?

haha yeah i use to speak fairly fluently... never really practice anymore though, so although i've retained more than most ABC's it's quickly being forgotten. :unsure:

:) wow your hubby should be a businessman. he would do very well in hong kong or taiwan. where is he from by the way?

haha yeah i use to speak fairly fluently... never really practice anymore though, so although i've retained more than most ABC's it's quickly being forgotten. :unsure:

he is from singapore originally but then moved to HK then moved here he does computers as thats what he

likes to do

:D well i think it's good he teaches you cantonese and that you're open to learning it. i know quite a few people who wouldn't put in the effort to learn, and wouldn't be willing to teach. it's great! :D and it's great that your daughter is learning too. never know when it'll come to good use. :)

:D well i think it's good he teaches you cantonese and that you're open to learning it. i know quite a few people who wouldn't put in the effort to learn, and wouldn't be willing to teach. it's great! :D and it's great that your daughter is learning too. never know when it'll come to good use. :)

yeah that is true but i think it is my daughter yi-ting is learning real quick the chinese language i think it is also good that she knows her heritage as well i told my hubby i never want her to be denied about her heritage and so fourth my mum in law is supposd to be coming over from asia in jan but if not then i will possibly be going to singapore i have never been to asia i have been to different places in europe but never asia yeah i just think that alot of ppl dont want to put the effort into learning a different language as this yr the schools here are going to start teaching the children chinese as a secondary language which i think it is a good thing my hubby wants her to become model in asia :rofl i'm like your crazy just let her be what she wants to be

• 4 months later...

I would go for tropicals. Tropicals are ten times more easy to maintain than goldfish. They aren't as messy and don't poop as much, and they have much more vibrant and interesting colors.

• 6 months later...

Archived