How Big?

Levi

How big of a pond should i put in if i want three koi and three comets??? I want to keep from puttin a thousand gallon pond in again!!! I would rather have the smallest i can get i will go on my bedroom balkony or however u spell that.... Thanx

Levi

How big of a pond should i put in if i want three koi and three comets??? I want to keep from puttin a thousand gallon pond in again!!! I would rather have the smallest i can get i will go on my bedroom balkony or however u spell that.... Thanx

Levi

Sorry but the minimum for koi is 1000 gallons and in that you could put 3 koi and the 3 comets and that's it. And that is really the smallest you can go.

If you just wanted some comets you could get away with just a few hundred gallons.

I have to agree. I've heard that for just one koi you should start with 1,000 gallons, and add another 250 per koi. If you don't want to go that big, comets, shubunkins, and commons grow to be very large, but not as large as a koi. I have some that are about a foot long and very pretty.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived