How Long Does It Take?

Levi

Im curious how long does it take a fish to be stunted?? I have recently bought 2 fancy goldfish and put them in a 10 gallon tank for 3 weeks... They will be moved to a 55 gallon...Just wanted to make sure im not gonna stunt them..

Im curious how long does it take a fish to be stunted?? I have recently bought 2 fancy goldfish and put them in a 10 gallon tank for 3 weeks... They will be moved to a 55 gallon...Just wanted to make sure im not gonna stunt them..

as long as they remain in a tiny tank~

But there r some exceptions~I heard some gf can even grow in a fish bowl......

they should be fine in the 10 gallon for 3 weeks. just make sure your water quality stays good :)

yep, so long as u take extra care of the water the overstocking will not damage them in such a short amount of time

How big are the fish at the moment? In my opinion, from stuff I have read from reliable sources, while ten gallons for two fancies is overstocked in the long-term, when they are still young and still small it isn't really going to affect them negatively as long as you are careful with their water. Test and change the water regularly, and I really doubt that three weeks will hurt them for the long-term. It will mean some extra work for you, in waterchanges, but three weeks of vigilence and very regular water-changes shouldn't be too hard for you.

If you think about pet shops, their tanks are obviously over-stocked. Keeping them long-term in a pet-shop type tank would be detrimental to their health, but because they are only kept there for a short while it doesn't have too many negative affects (I am talking about decent fish stores though that keep water clean and test regularly)

Archived