Major Breakthrough

jbo

Hi,

So I have seen all the pictures of fish on this site and others swimming around peoples hands and nibbling on them and I thought "I wish mine would do that". Mine are from a pond where they had very little to no human interaction before me. When they see a hand instead of "food!" they say "Head for the plants!".

Well last night I decided to change their opinion of my hand. I sat there with my hand in my tank holding a pleco pellet until the durn thing dissolved! At this point I couldn't really feel my hand anymore, but the fish were getting closer so I left it there. I looked away for a second and felt a nibble. Suddenly there were lots of nibbles. All the smallest fish that usually hide first were nibbling my hand! After a few more minutes all but the biggest fish had come in for a taste. At that point I had to remove my hand cause I had lost all feeling. I could see them nibbling but I could no longer feel it :P

Just wanted to share :)

Jim

Guest OzzMosiz

Excellent :D I regularly hand feed my black moors they love it. Remember to wash your hands in hot water (no detergent) before-hand though (I'm sure you're aware of this).

Handfeeding is one of the special things we do with our fish. I even do it with my bettas. Although its kind of funny how hard they can attack the hand, and you can feel their little mouth, they are not gentle and have no respect, not even from a human hand..... :)

Archived