Rosey Reds With Fancy In A 29.

newfie

I have a 29 gal with one fancy goldfish,i really dont want to add another because of the waste load,i have two filters running,a 200 and a 150,do 50 percent water changes once a week.Can i add a couple of those rosey reds that i see at big als,they sell them as feeders there,they kinda look like small goldfish.

I think the fish you are talking of may be comets and they get very, very big. They are also recommended to have 20 gallons of water space each!!! You might be better to get another fancy or 2 to keep your fancy fish company :)

I dont think she is talking about Comets. I have seen them, they are also called Tuffy's.

Although I have seen them live with goldies (my aunt had 2 with hers for 3 years). I dont know if it is okay or not, me and my aunt are starting to learn the BEST possible way to keep goldies. Maybe someone else knows though!

http://www.fishpondinfo.com/rosies.htm

That site has a good pic of them, if those are the ones you are talking about. It has some good info to!

crush,you are right its those in your link,since they only get to 2 inches i was thinking about a couple and they can thrive in colder water,also im a guy lol.

Archived