Beauitful New Lil Blackmoore...

Guest urbanangel85

Guest urbanangel85

hello i have just got a cute new blackmoore :newfish .hes gone in with my common and shubunkin and in there tank there a medium current.the other two love it but im not sure about the blackmoore.at first he couldnt work it out,but after awhile he sussed it.and now it doesnt seem to bother him too much.the thing is that on that filter there isnt even a thing to adjust the flow so i cant turn it down.do you think he'll be okay???what are blackmoores like with currents???would they normally have one??? all help is greatly appreciated,cheers xxx

Medium current (depending on what mine and your view of medium is) should be ok. As long as there are spaces in the tank where he can go and rest if he needs.

I'd be more concerned about the fact you have him in with a common and shubunkin, especially with his poor sight he may find it very difficult to get enough food and he could get bullied by them :(

I'd be more concerned about the fact you have him in with a common and shubunkin, especially with his poor sight he may find it very difficult to get enough food and he could get bullied by them

Be very watchful of him as he is in with fish that are not vision impaired and much faster swimmers then he is. Make sure he gets enough to eat and is not bullied and picked on.

Guest urbanangel85

yeah i didnt know he wouldnt really go with them.they guy in the fish shop said they'ld be fine and that his are in with commons at home. i should of checked on here 1st :( .anyway ive been checking out he gets enough food and he always does so he's got that sussed. and i was a bit worried about the bullying but it reallys seems to have settled and hes showing no signs of stress. i know this still isnt a good situtation and i really got do some thinking to work it out,but till them im hoping he'll be okay. know anyone in england who wants a free ,cute,lil balackmoor??? anyone???

Where abouts in england are you?

i was just about to ask the same question!!

also, you could always train your blackmoor to handfeed. that way he will come directly to you for food. I have had two blackmoors(one at the mo) and both have taken to handfeeding quickly and happily, it just might be a bit of a challenge with two fast greedy fish butting in!

Archived