Whgat Should I Use To Get My Goldfish To Grow Fast?

littlefishyboy

I know i've been posting alot latly,but I'm so exited about finnally getting some goldfish,after some disaggreeement about it between me and my mom. Anyway,ive been wanting the fish in my tank to grow so my little oranda moe will get his wen.Also, at the science fair(if I bring them) I want some good sized fish so while I tell people about my expiriment I can also show and tell them about proper fish care. Down with bowls!(The science fair is in a few months,with the growth they get,will they be fine in a 10 gallon for a day or so?) I have freeze dried krill,tetra goldfish flakes, freeze dried tubiflex,algea wafers, Nutrifin color enhancing ploating pellets(though they don't seem to like these much),sinking shrimp pellets,and scavenger pellets. What combination should I use to get the best growth?

I know i've been posting alot latly,but I'm so exited about finnally getting some goldfish,after some disaggreeement about it between me and my mom. Anyway,ive been wanting the fish in my tank to grow so my little oranda moe will get his wen.Also, at the science fair(if I bring them) I want some good sized fish so while I tell people about my expiriment I can also show and tell them about proper fish care. Down with bowls!(The science fair is in a few months,with the growth they get,will they be fine in a 10 gallon for a day or so?) I have freeze dried krill,tetra goldfish flakes, freeze dried tubiflex,algea wafers, Nutrifin color enhancing ploating pellets(though they don't seem to like these much),sinking shrimp pellets,and scavenger pellets. What combination should I use to get the best growth?

if you're keeping them in a 10 gal, you'll wanna be sure to check your water parameters daily. although it seems like they're doing fine, the water chemistry could be wrecking havoc with your goldies, especially if you're over stocked.

if you want fishfood that will make your fish grow lickity split, i've found that pro-gold from goldfish connection.com is really good stuff. my goldfish LOVE it, and i've only had my goldfish for about 2 months now, and they grew from being about maybe a bit smaller than 1 1/2 inches (head to tail) to about 3 inches now. i usually alternate between progold, some veggies from our garden, and peas.

i recently purchased about sixty bucks worth of stuff from goldfish connection though. my fish seem to LOVE their stuff. now i've got a variety of foods... more pro-gold, spirulina (sp?), shrimp pellets, freeze dried krill, freeze dried bloodworms, color enhancing flakes, and medi-gold just in case. haha i just mix and match... sometimes i feed them a little bit of each making sure not to overfeed and to clean out what they don't finish. but once you get to know your fish better, you'll be able to feed them about the right amout each time, no more-no less. :)

:) I think bloodworms are to be used only once or twice a week because of the high protein content.

If you are looking for growth then protein will help. But one thing to remember, higher protein will stimulate wen growth if your fish has the genetics to have one and then you might be looking at a wen that covers the eyes or makes swimming hard.

And then your looking at wen trimming, something that I do not think is real easy for the average goldfish fancier!

ok, here is a excellent method to boost from a fry a to full grown mature gf (6inch+) in just less than a year~

step 1 : feed alot (Hikari-Lionhead, which rich in protein and high in amino acid which boost the growth rate~

Step 2 : Green water~ Fish takes their nutrition from food and water*green water have very high protein (60%- more than shrimp)

step 3: Tempurature~ 75F would be fine~ (gf swim more often in higer temp which also mean they will get hungry often too. and also more exercise~

step 4: Bloodworms, Bloodworms,Bloodworms !!!!!!! Eearthworms would be fine too.Super rich in protein~

Step 4:~ make sure no or very low in nitrate..... Nitrate can stunted their growth, but if u using greenwater ,this wont be a problem

also note that greenwater need sun light or powerful indoor light.... anyway to make them photosinthesis...... they will consume ammonia.... which mean u will have a perfect water param, am 0 , nit, 0 , nitrate 0.... u also need to change the water though....

in the step one when i said feed alot, i really do mean feed alot... like 6 times a day (no less than 4)

Also, please have the larger surfuce as possible, as long as possible.more swimning for gf..... 4 feet tank is fine~

I feed my fish small sinking nutrafin goldfish pellets. I had my fish George for years before feeding this food and he had a sudden growth spurt when he ate it (he is HUGE). Also, I bought two small goldfish in the past year and now they are both the size of golfballs too, I attribute it to the food for sure.

Chrissy

• Admin

This is my pharoh, when I got him 7 years ago.

then now

the food and the tank hes in shows you why and how he got so big :D 8" long now when I got him he was 2" long.

post-1-1165214616_thumb.jpg

post-1-1165214726_thumb.jpg

post-1-1165214870_thumb.jpg

hiya koko i hope my chocolate oranda gets that big as your pharoh man he is really beautiful

here are my 2 chocolate orandas no where near the size of yours though but i know with time and patience and so fourth they will get huge

PA100924.jpg

• Admin

I also feed him 2 times a day hun, and about the size of a quarter for him of the gel food, the others get the same thing. :D

So Im cleaning filter pads once a week :D

but its worth the size of the fish :D

yeah it is i was thinking of trying the gel food for these guys they are all hogs and eat and eat and poop and swim and then come up to the tank as i walk by and say feed me :rofl but i see potential in them esp the male but the most potential fish i have is my ranchu he has gotten way bigger since i first got him in sept

yeah it is amazing how fast they grow i remember when i saw my female choco i was thinking to myself before i found out she was ready to burst with her eggs man you got fat as a house :rofl i thought she was fat just size wise then yesterday she was like normal i was like :idont then i realized doh you are preggers so i seperated them but it is funny though like they are looking a you constantly like please feed me i love my fish though they are like my stress reliever i can watch them all day if i could its like i dunno if i have a bad day and i see them and watch them for a little while i feel so calm

does goldfish connection ship to canada? on their shipping section of the site, theres a question that says if they ship outside of the US, and the answer is that they ship to all 50 states and puerto rico, but that doesn't really answer the question.

oh wait, they don't even accept paypal. bah.

Are you sure about that? I pay almost double for them than any of the other foods at the store and my fish favor them over the omega one pellets I sometimes give. :blink:

The person saying that the Nutrafin food is low quality is correct. But you can see for yourself- compare the contents of Hikari and Omega- when items are listed- the ones in the greatest percentage are first- omega- has fresh salmon- for example listed first nutra and tetra have the largest proportions in one type or another of meal- fish-bone meal etc- totally worthless to the fish- there are very few products in fish food out there that have the qualitry that they should be a- and no product has all the needs of goldfish in one convenient bottle- especially the prootein needs.

All I have to say is Room, goldfish to grow big is you need good food and alot of room. 15 gals per fish is just about right for fancys :D

I can testify to this! :D Desi spent his first 7 years or so in a 12 gallon Eclipse tank where he never got much above 3 inches or so. When we moved him first to a 20 gallon, then to a 35, now to a 65, he's more than quadrupled in size. LOL My friends think he's a mutant fish, he's well over 12 inches now! At the end of the month we're getting a 120 gallon for him, and I'm going to be curious to see how much more he grows.

Hermie, who's in Desi's old home, the 12 gallon Eclipse, is going to go into the 65 gallon when we play musical tanks, and I'm going to try to document his growth to see how fast he grows to the size Desi is!

We feed them Pro-gold and peas, and other greens occasionally.

I USED to give them live brine shrimp and blood worms, but we were constantly figting off different kinds of bactera, and Rick at Goldfish Connection warned me against the live foods unless it was guaranteed to be bacteria free. Since we stopped the live foods, we havent had any problems at all.

Archived