Finally Going To Set Up My 72 Gal

Tinkokeshi

ok... so it's been forever and a day (as usual) i have this cycle going where i check up on the forum and get sucked into all the excitement and post endlessly and get addicted, and then i get busy and i'm gone for months at a time.

BUT.. i'm happy to say, i FINALLY got the bowfront tank stand i need to set up my 72 gal tank!!! YAY!

it's been over a year since i got the tank...

i bought the lights and filters at the end of summer...

and yesterday i found a pretty cheap stand at mmm.com with free shipping!!! so i couldn't help myself and i got myself an early xmas present. :D

i should be getting it within the next week! in which case, i can set up my stand... FINALLY... and take pics of the set up process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

as an update, early this semester, all of my previous goldies died, and after cleaning out my 29 gal, i recycled and restocked with 3 goldies. einstein, wilJ and "no name" which is now named tantalus. einstein died of dropsy, and now i'm left with a big fat tantalus and wilJ who was suffering from SBD, but i think is gradually getting over it. i'm concerned though because he is much smaller than tantalus who i got at the same time, and is getting fatter and fatter by the minute. i suppose i'll mention this in the diagnosis section. :) just thought i'd update y'all. i apologize for not keeping up with recent photos been so busy with work.. *sigh*... i'll see if i can get some though. :D

:( Sorry you loss your fish, I know how hard that is! But congrats on the new tank and stand. I know you are excited and I hope you can post pics when you are finished! Its always fun setting up a new tank! :heart

:D you might look into getting a tank stand around the holidays. most websites have free shipping right now. so instead of having to pay a hefty amount, take advantage of the fact that you don't have to pay that much for the heavy items. :D

i hope you get a stand for your tank soon! haha mine's been sitting there for so long that it's kinda dusty now... *sigh* gotta wipe it down before i set it up... but i can't wait!! haha it should be less than a week now! :krazy::heart

Congrats on getting your tank stand and the 72g bowfront sounds quite exotic - can't wait to see it.

Just an aside on the sbd; are you salting the water? If so remove the salt with water changes and see if it makes a difference. Some fish have weak kidneys and can't cope with salt so it produces sbd symptoms.

hmm i originally wasn't salting the water... but thought maybe it would help, and just like two days ago started salting it...

uh... should i not have? :blink: between the peas, water changing, and salting, i think it's improved... but i'm not sure. still kinda doing the whole floaty thing. just less time is spent being completely upside down. now it's more a nose dive type look when s/he eats. other than that, wilJ's swimming much better now.

would you recommend i keep salting?

haha i can't wait... everyday after work, i come home and i eagerly check to see if my stand has come... haha. i'm so anxious and impatient!!! :krazy: it seems like it's taking FOREVER!

Archived