My Betta Boys

x-Lucy-Fish-x

I realised I never really post any pictures of my boys and I just came home with a new one yesterday so here's a little compilation :D

This is a nameless fish.. infact.. they are all nameless. Sugestions welcome!

We'll call him the red boy for now :P

I got him about.. 9/10 months ago.. complete guess.

All my boys came to me with fin-rot so excuse all the messy fins you are about to see..

BettaBoys002.jpg

This is a picture of the blue boy (..maybe I should name them Red, Blue and Green?) when I first got him also about 9 months ago. I saved him from a tank at college where he had been thrown in with two females who had beaten him half dead.. I always said I was going to re-home him, but he's still here so I guess not.

He had missing scales, ripped fins and one of his pectoral fins was gone.

gsklganjk028.jpg

Here he is now.. shame there's a leaf in front of his boootiful fins.

collegeandsomefishstuff084.jpg

BettaBoys009.jpg

BettaBoys013.jpg

..and here's the newbie, the green boy.

BettaBoys003.jpg

I know we aren't supposed to 'rescuse' fish from bad shops because its supporting their sale.. but this is a one off and I couldn't leave him. He was in a tank with two females who had beaten him up (just like the blue boy). He was also beating them up.. so I thought by taking just one fish I'd be saving the lot of them. Also all the little rasboras he was trying to eat.

He has bad fins which I'm hoping will heal up and grow back soon :)

BettaBoys006.jpg

The woman who served me asked "are you sure you dont want that other one in that tank, he's much prettier?". She pointed at a perfectly healthy looking long finned boy in a tank of mollies.. I assured her I wanted this scruffy looking one. :D

(I would have complained about the state of the tanks, but I'm always complaining and nothing is ever done.. I am planning a letter to the head office of that company though.)

Congratulations on your new Betta Lucy! He is a lovely. All your bettas have really lovely colours, I have to say I think I'd keep their names as red-boy, blue-boy and green-boy - kinda modern naming!

Hasn't blue-boys finnage recovered well? He looks very healthy. Well done Lucy, you betta-rescuer you :D

Lucy you did an amazing job with blue! You would never know the condition he was in before by looking at him today! Best of luck with Green! Love their names by the way! :heart

Wow, your bettas are all gorgeous and I must say you did an awesome job with Blue! Good thing he had you to save him :D

They are beautiful! You could name the red one Stop! and the Green one Go! :rofl Alas there is no blue in any traffic lights other then the WALK! neon light on the streets of NYC and I'm thinking WALK! Isn't the best name for a goldfish....

Mind the bad humour I've been up all night worrying about ulcers...bah

Pretty boys! Blue doesn't even look like the same fish! You're a great fishy mom and I'm sure they're all so glad they ended up with you. We have all sorts of color named fish so I think those are nice names. My in laws even have a cat named "grey kitty" :rofl

Archived