What Are My Fish?

Limeyron

Put them in a pond and they can easily reach 18 inches. In an aquarium then a foot is about the best you can get given the room. Just like goldfish they need lots of clean water and in an aquarium a minimum of 50 gallons will be needed. Of course not everyone can give that so given a smaller home you can expect maybe 8 to 10 inches.

Wow :blink: That's a bit bigger than I expected! On the upside....I get to buy a MASSIVE tank :D

I really want a 150 gallon within the next 3 years, and since I only have Charger and Prowler, that will leave 50 gallons for a new addition :D

I'm already planning to dig myself a pond, but that all depends on if I move to Cornwall when my parents do in a few years. I can't have a pond here because my garden is on a slope and it would be a nightmare to dig, plus I don't trust my neighbour's dog :glare: Ideally, I'd like a 1500 gallon pond, but that's big money...

Thanks for the info guys, but just one more question before I fall asleep on the keyboard... How long have I got until my guys stop growing? If it's possible to put a time on it...

Charger is about 6 months old, and Prowler is probably 20 months by now. I won't be able to upgrade to the 150 gallon or the pond for at least 3 years, so will this affect their growth, or will they keep growing right up until they're swimming around the tank with zimmer frames and moaning about the young 'uns?

I would think they would do most of their growing in the first 3 years and by two years should be around 5 or 6 inches long. After that then the rate will slow down.

Thanks Sandy. I'd better get saving then, I want them to grow as big as possible.

Prowler is already 6 inches and he's only about 20 months old, so I should think he'd grow up to be nice and big :)

Charger is probably about 2.5 inches by now, but there's no way he's ever gonna sit still to let me find out. He's like a hyperactive coffee addict on speed at the moment. He slices through that water like a bullet! I'm surprised he hasn't hurt himself yet because he swims full speed into the side of the tank sometimes...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived