Weather Loach?

Guest Schmitter1

Guest Schmitter1

I was thinking about getting a weather loach or two and i was wondering if i would overstock my tank if i got one, and if not how many i should get. I have a 55 gallon tank with 1 common and 1 commet, and both fish are about 10" long (full grown i hope). If weather loaches get too big, is there any other fish that would work better for my tank?

Thanks

:) Weather Loaches have the capabilities to get up around 8-9 inches,but most people don't see them get that big in aquariums. I personally think that as long as your filtration is up to par,and you keep good maintainance and water params,you could get away with a couple of these guys.I'd prefer two of them rather than adding another Comet/Common,but that's JMO. :D

Weather loachs are cute little guys.They prefer being kept in a pair.They can however nip the tails of your fancy fish as I have recently found as my fantails tail is torn again despite nothing sharp in the tank and his tail was fine last night when I checked before bed then this morning its damaged.

They are wonderful characters however and I love them.Heres a link on them.

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/loaches/DojoLoach.php

That's too bad about your goldie Blue.I just want to add that in all the years that I've kept these guys(and I have 10 or 11 of them),they have never harmed a goldie,or any other fish that they shared a tank with.There are always exceptions to the rules I guess,but it was so odd to hear that. :unsure:

He's lost his companion Devs so it may be the cause of the nipping.I'm looking out for a new companion for him.I believe its accidental not deliberate the injury he's just so playful.

Archived