Blue Finned Damsels

Blue

Have noticed over past few days two of my damsels are staying rather dark in color only the smallest has retained its bright color.There are no signs of illness or problems between the three fish.Just the darkened main body.Any idea's.Just performed my regular water change so I'm at a loss at whats going on.

• 1 month later...
Guest chris345

dont worry my damsels always change colors. what kind of food are you feeding? tey tetramarine it enhances the color of all of your fish.But don't feed them bloodworms its gonna killem.

I have one that is slightly aggressive towards the middle sized one but not towards the smallest of the three of them.However there are plenty of hiding places in the tank as I was aware damsels can be a bit nasty to other fish.the three damsels are the tanks only residents.

Thanks Ron I love the three of them.I believe the color darkening is down to stress as only one is dark and thats the one that is picked on by the largest.I'm just going to monitor things and possibly set up QT for the stressed one as dont want it getting ill due to stress.