A Plea For Chloe

kila

Goodness, thanks for that ray of hope Yazooo.

That's made me feel instantly more optimistic.

I really, really hope that I will have similar results with Chloe.

Hi guys,

Just another update on Chloe.

She's not looking good at all. I'm getting very tempted to put her down. It looks like she's suffering at this point.

She is still pineconed. Many bubbles have appeared under her raised scales. Does anyone know what this means or the cause? I'm sure it's a turn for the worst.

I'm heartbroken for her.

Tomorrow we will try to get to the vet.

Bit too sad to write anymore.

Hi guys,

Just another update on Chloe.

She's not looking good at all. I'm getting very tempted to put her down. It looks like she's suffering at this point.

She is still pineconed. Many bubbles have appeared under her raised scales. Does anyone know what this means or the cause? I'm sure it's a turn for the worst.

I'm heartbroken for her.

Tomorrow we will try to get to the vet.

Bit too sad to write anymore.

Im sorry to hear that kila :unsure:

Bumble also developed some of those bubble things. There is a website that details the treatement of a calico ranchu for dropsy. Ive seen the link on here, perhaps someone will be able to post it again if they recognise what im talking about. Anyway, they briefly mention the bubble blister like things on that webpage and I think its just an extension of the same illness. Fluid gathered creating a blister.

When Bumble had these- and he had quite a lot of them, they got worse and worse until his scales actually just fell off and they too were gone. It looked a bit messy but he actually appeared to benefit from their loss.

Amazingly, Chloe is still fighting this illness.

She's eating 2 peas everyday and is still struggling to right herself.

My question is about the anti-bacterial medication in her tank. The first dose was last Sunday and the second dose was Thursday. So that's 7 days that she's medicated.

It's Interpret 9. How long can she stay in this medication? What's the procedure from here. She's still pineconed although I think there may be a slight improvement.

Can she stay in the meds for a while more?

Thanks guys.

I think you can keep them in it for 7 days, after that time you need to do a water change and wait 2 days before starting again or adding another med.

Ive heard people get results using it but i think all it does is kill any bacteria in the tank.

Does she still have the blisters? Thats a sign of the dropsy as well.

I hope you get the food in time, but if she stops eating then that should be when you call it a day.

Wishing you all the best, its a nasty disease.