Sign in to follow this  
Levi

Is It A Koi Or A Common?

This summer is when i really got into fish and one of my moms friends kids had a ten gallon tank that he wanted to give away so i went and picked it up... It had wat i thought a butterfly koi in it (A beauty at that!!) And i new that it waz wrong to keep in the tank because he was so big... I put him in my pond about 1500 gallons big.... I really thought he was a koi but now i have my doubts when i get my 150 gallon for christmas IM HOPING.. I will check him out and get a pic.. He has the little whiskers but i waz also lookin at kokos pics and the pics has a fish that sayz his name is big or maybe not it waz just on the address bar!! Thanx

Levi

Thanx for replying!!! Is it possible for a shubunkin to be mostly Jet black with gold on him.????? :unsure:

Goldfish do not have barbels! :) It's a Koi. Color pattern also sounds like a Koi. If it is a Butterfly with gold and black, bet it is very pretty.

Thanx!!! yes he is a very beautiful butterfly koi but he had a very horible life b4 i got to him he was to big for the ten gallon i think he is very happy in the 1500 gallon pond... :heart

Thanx!!! yes he is a very beautiful butterfly koi but he had a very horible life b4 i got to him he was to big for the ten gallon i think he is very happy in the 1500 gallon pond... :heart

He should be! :)

Thanx!!! yes he is a very beautiful butterfly koi but he had a very horible life b4 i got to him he was to big for the ten gallon i think he is very happy in the 1500 gallon pond...

i bet he sure is :D

Guest dani

if he has barbs he is one of two things, a koi, or a catfish.