New Fish

dengundam

I recently lost one of my fish if u herd.

I got new fish a calcio oranda and a black and orange oranda

oh and the black and ornage has no name the other is disco

Now i have 3 goldies Shadow is mt holder on that did not die

Picture802.jpg

Picture799.jpg

disco

Picture801-1.jpg

no name any suggestions

Picture772.jpg

Picture773.jpg

shadow how loves to show off with is dorsal fin up 24 seven

Edited by dengundam

Lovely fish...

Dengundam, did you quarantine the new fish and do you check your water param;s? How do you introduce the fish to a new tank? It could be because of sudden change of the water and temp; etc?

Pls take care of your new fish so that you'll be able to enjoy their company for a longlong time:)

dengundam, Temperature is not the only thing to consider when acclimating a fish to a new tank. A better method is to put the fish into a bucket and slowly drip some tank water in using airline tubing over a period of time (the amount of time depends on how sensitive the fish is). This will get the fish used to any differences in ph and other parameters in the water slowly.

Very pretty fish you have there by the way. :)

sorry for making another replie i forgot to add onced ina while he will swim up around the tank and when my huge goldie shadow comes he moves out of the way (shadows ubocve in the pic)

oh i just reliosed i could of edited sorry but he seems more active now should i do a water change or something

Edited by dengundam

ok now my black oranda shadow who i had for a couple monthes now is swinmming close to the bottom next to the new fish that was bottomsitting. i got 2 new fish so the other calcio oranda is also swimming close waht should i do with the bottomsitting black and orange oranda help!!

I agree with the others that it's probably stress from a change in PH and the other parameters. Have you tested for nitrates? If nitrates are too high, your fish could show symptoms of SBD. My oranda will sit on the bottom if I let the nitrates get too high. My shubunkin and one of my commons will also do this.

The nitrate remover is ok in an emergency but it would be best if you did water changes to bring down the nitrates. You would want to do at least 25% on a daily basis, or perhaps twice a day, until you get the nitrates to 20ppm or lower. Your goldies should perk up when they get cleaner water and they'll thank you for it.