Calico Comet

tropicana

Yep, that would be correct - a calico comet is a shubunkin. :thumbs: A comet can come in red, red/white, even white, but once its a calico, it gets another name.

Kind of like the telescopes and black moors. A black moor is a telescope, but only black telescopes are called moors (for obvious reasons), while all other colors are called telescopes. :)

Yes, it would - London Shubunkin are just a different variety of shubunkin, with a shorter tail than an American Shubunkin would have, and a slightly stockier body. But yes, still a shubunkin.

Kind of like the telescopes and black moors. A black moor is a telescope, but only black telescopes are called moors (for obvious reasons), while all other colors are called telescopes. :)

I'm curious, what is the reason for calling them moors?

They got their name strictly because of their black color - kind of assembles a moor. Somehow the name "moor" always reminds me of those chimney cleaners who walk around in black clothes all day long... :D

Yeah, I remember that too - I used to have a children's book in German where there was a moor story in it from the Mediteranian.

Archived