I Tired

dengundam

My por fishie had dropsy i assed meds but it was too late i hate myself i cant keap goldfish i dont know what i am doing wrong i cant it change water feed them care for them love them andd change theri filter but stil they die i am not cut out for this :(:(

Hey don't give up on your love of Goldies.We have all made mistakes and lost fish despite doing everything we can,myself included.All you can do is learn from it and in turn it makes you a better fishkeeper.

I'm so sorry your fish died. You have been posting quite a while, so it looks like you've been a hobbiest for a while. I, too, lost several beautiful fish a while ago, and got so discouraged that I closed down my tank for a few years, but I missed having an aquarium so I started mine up again a year ago. Goldfish keeping does keep us on our toes, but don't you just love those sweet little guys for their responsiveness, their wiggly little bodies when they run to the end of the tank where you are, their cute little antics and the challenge of caring for them to see them grow big and beautiful? I hope you won't feel like you have to quit after all. After you clean your tank and disinfect everything, you may feel less mournful, more like starting all over again. Give it a little time.

Edited by goldenlady

Guest fishey-wishey

both my babies died whilst I was on holiday, :( ! about 3 weeks ago!

I miss them soooooooooo much! I think of them all the time and I still look for their tank when I walk in to the room! It is so sad!

Now I am thinking of restarting my tank when I come back from my 2007 holiday in July! I will not leave my fish for 3 weeks without water changes again, I feel like such a bad, evil, fishie mummy!

All that keeps me smiling is that I have really enjoyed keeping fish as pets, and I look forwards to setting my tank back up as my house feels so empty, even though my pets were very small goldfish, they had huge personalities!!

dengundam don't give up, I know it is sad and frustrating, but you have so much to offer a little fishie! :)