New Girl

ktinal900

Well, the other day I was at the pet store and seeing the display of bettas kept in their tiny containers, just had to save one (wish I could have saved the whole lot LoL!) so I got a new little girl!! She is really pretty, a beautiful blue (even though half the time she looks greenish in photos) with pink accents and small speckles on her fins (hard to tell in photos though LoL). Anyone know what kind of color she'd be classified under?

I just couldn't resist! :heart

betta365.jpg

She looks similar to my Stormy, except your girl's eyes are more red and mine are more brown.

She is considered blue/green. She will probably change colors between those two back and forth. That's what Stormy does. When I brought her home she was deep royal blue. She gradually lightened up, went leaf green for a couple weeks and now she's more of a shimmery rainbow teal and she is constantly changing color. Does yours have the shimmery purple between the rays of her caudal fin?

You should name her Saphire :)

:D Thanks everyone!!!

Here's a pic of her when I first brought her home... you can see the speckles on her fins (they're mainly on her caudal and dorsal fins) a bit better although I must say it's still not a very good photo LoL... Most of my pics of her turned out terrible anyways! The shot I first posted was very lucky ;) out of over fifty pics that's the only one that turned out good :D

betta356.jpg

she's beautiful, what great colouring!!

I think we've all been there with a camera full of 50 bad pics and 1 good pic at somepoint in our lives!! fish are very bad at staying still and looking good for us at the same time!!

Very pretty littlegirl you ahve there! the two pictures don't even look like the same fish! I love how they change for the better when we save them. :)

Archived