Tiny Holes In Fins

ktinal900

One of my bettas I've had for several years now and he's in pretty excellent health... However, I've always noticed he has a couple of tiny holes in his fins... it's not fin rot... They've always been there and have never gotten bigger or anything... just wondering if this is normal??

I don't know about Oscars, but this is pretty common with bettas. I've found that the pinholes can be from poor water quality, or sometimes for no apparent reason. Make sure that ammonia and nitrite are 0, and if you have a filtered tank that nitrates are under 20. Just keep an eye on the hole. Sometimes they heal on their own, sometimes they stick around, and sometimes they can develop into fin rot.

Yeah, they look like small needle holes... barely there. His water quality is good and none of my other bettas have these weird holes so I'm hoping they're just there for no apparent reason. They've never spread (there's like two or three and always been there) and I've had him for over two years now :):heart

I agree with Sushi. Could be from previous poor water qaulity. My betta Zeke has a couple tiny ones ( you gotta really look good to see them) from being in very poor water quality from his previous owner. That is part of the reason they gave him to me , is that they have too many pets and he was getting ignored.

Archived