Sign in to follow this  
jsrtist

8 Gallon Nano Pics!

:) You are very good at what you do and you have an amazing tank! I always love your pics! :heart

:D Now Jen,that gorgonian is beautiful! I'm not sure that I've seen one before. More pics please. :D

A fish addition will probably not be a good choice for your tank now with all that livestock. Why not try cleaner shrimp instead? they're not as prodigious in the biological waste output department, and their metabolic impact on the tank will be considerably less than even a very small goby.

If you see my other post, you'll know that I've had a small pseudo in the tank for awhile now. I don't really recommend stocking small tanks so much usually. But for one thing, we are consistent in our water changes and for another, a lot of things in this tank are going to be moved to our 75 reef tank. Normally I wouldn't recommend stocking a tank so highly and I usually start my posts like this with disclaimers. :)

Guest chris345

ive been thinking about getting saltwater for the past few weeks and now i have one too!! but it doesn't look as good as your tank!!i only have fish since im just starting.but i know it is hard to keep it in a small tank so im only going to keep 1 nano fish. my tank is still cycling but reefman said i need live rock or sand or fish to cycle it. i think i should put sand in it no(not live)and a krill to help it cycle. the only thing is that i dont have a protien skimmer so im not so sure about the krill to help cycle my tank.sorrry if i kinda sounded mean in the other reply i made on this topic

Edited by chris345

Guest chris345

didn't your nano tank used to be freshwater?i saw planted tank photos and i saw your nanotank it was a freshwater tank.

LOL Chris, I actually have two nano tanks! I have the 8 gallon reef and the 12 gallon planted freshwater. They both sit next to each other on my kitchen counter.

How many gallons is your tank? I would wait to put any invertebrates in it (like shrimp) till you are sure it has cycled. They are very sensitive, moreso than fish. Adding live rock is always a good idea. You generally want about a pound per gallon. I usually use more than that, though, in my tanks.

Your little nano there is so pretty... It's amazing what can happen in such a small amount of water. Must be a lot of work, but you're doing good obviously!

I love looking at your tanks! It's like having a little piece of the ocean, right in your home. Your work is so inspirational, it makes everyone think they want to do it too! Although, i'm not sure that there are many out there who have your expertise and experience. I'll just admire you pics, so please don't stop posting!

Guest chris345

LOL Chris, I actually have two nano tanks! I have the 8 gallon reef and the 12 gallon planted freshwater. They both sit next to each other on my kitchen counter.

How many gallons is your tank? I would wait to put any invertebrates in it (like shrimp) till you are sure it has cycled. They are very sensitive, moreso than fish. Adding live rock is always a good idea. You generally want about a pound per gallon. I usually use more than that, though, in my tanks.

i have a 10 gallon how much did you pay for your tank i paid 8 dollars for my tank plus the filter and everything else cost me 8o dollars

I love nano tanks! My newest infatuation!