My Fish Look Sick

dengundam

:(:( Pleaase help the tank recently got brown algae. some pwople here told me to let the light on at will stop but now its getting bigger and my fisgh look slower i am about to doa water change so i tell y the params a littlw later but please help also the main resaon wh i posted this was couse i thing they are getting dropsy cause one of my fishies is geting his scales around his but sticking uip i am getting worryed. they getting slower i recently lost my favorit goldfish i coud never forgive my self if they died pleasse help i dodnt now what to do for now i will do a water change.

:( If your fish are looking slower,it's because your params are all reading too high. The water is causing this damage.If you could try and answer as many questions at the top,we can help you alot more.Dropsy is a symptom of some problem-which can very well be your water quality,but we really do need more info. Post soon. :unsure:

You can't begin to cure the Dropsy if your water params are bad. :(

Edited by Devs

the tank is a 29 there are to fish i just gave the prams uboe i have two filters total 300 gph i try to change at least a quarter evry week or so they eat peas andt top fin fish food bu i have been feeding them troical color enhacing food(this food is for tropical fish) could this e the problem i aso se little arie bubbles some times but on there heads each had on whit dot just one they are orandasi dont no what it is please help i am not sure if this is ick cause i think it startes at the fins right?

As Devs said, you need to get your params in check.

I would do another water change asap and get those ammo and nitrIte readings down to zero. You may need to change out more than a quarter. Try either 50 or 60% at least. Then check your params again.

• Admin

First off please don't post like that it just annoys people....

now you need to get a heater in that tank get the temp up to 80F

you need Metromed from goldfishconnection.com

you need maracyn or maracyn2 for the meds in the tank.

your water quality is what is causing the problems with these fish, ammonia should be 0 and nitrites at 0 too.....

I don't know what else you have in the tank, but ornaments that are hollow or not doing a gravel syphoning can cause these problems too. sounds to me like this tank is pretty new and not keeping up on good water changes and water conditioning could have had something to do with this all.....

I also wonder how long this tank has been running>