Can You Feed Algae Wafers To Goldfish?

Guest mary-ann

Guest mary-ann

:hummm can you feed algae wafers to goldfish?

i mean, they do eat algae right?

just a thought

and if you buy goldfish food that enhances colour, what does that mean?

does it mean the goldfish will just turn a brighter colour, or will it change colour, will turn bright orange or white, or black (i love black goldfish )or what?

do colour enhancing foods realy work & how do you prove it

can you feed algae wafers to goldfish?

i mean, they do eat algae right?

Yes of course :D algae wafers are popular additional food for goldfish. Just make sure ur buying the ones with "spirulina" listed as the first ingredient.

and if you buy goldfish food that enhances colour, what does that mean?

does it mean the goldfish will just turn a brighter colour, or will it change colour, will turn bright orange or white, or black (i love black goldfish )or what?

do colour enhancing foods realy work & how do you prove it

This is a somewhat difficult question to answer. Colour enhancer foods usually means that it will deepen and make red more vivid, but sometimes it also will result in white areas becoming pink. There are also reports of blacks turning copperish.

I feed my fish Hikari Lionhead which is an aggressive growth and colour promoter. Some of the red & white fish has the red areas spreading but the blacks remain black.

I really don't know if the colour enhancer really works, but so far it has served me well.

:) I do! They love them, as its fun watching what happens when you drop one into the tank. They all go after it and all you see is goldfish butts because they are all nose down trying to get the wafer. Looks like goldfish ballet! :rofl

I have to soak them for a long time before they will touch them. I have a bag I simply tossed away for this reason. The Spirulina pieces that GFC makes are easier for them to eat and I donot have to soak them. I hate soaking food......

Why do they make those wafers so hard? They sit all lumpy in the tank, and then disintiegrate and make a big gooey mess on the filter grate....

:unsure: