1 Step Forward...

tropicana

As some of your may remember, i'm trying to get rid of goldfish (for the people that don't have the right set-up) and goldfish bowls as a christmas present.

So i'm writing letters to pet stores advising them about proper fish care and stuff etc.... anyway, i started going in the right direction with one petshop agreeing to discuss with people interested in goldfish as presents and he is going to suggest stuff they will need, also, he has put a sign up near the fish section telling people how long a goldfish can live for.

So the other day i recived a letter back from another pet shop telling me it was a waste of time me asking people as it will not work.

So i've gone 1 step forward to steps backward....

well hopefully you will have better luck soon :)

As some of your may remember, i'm trying to get rid of goldfish (for the people that don't have the right set-up) and goldfish bowls as a christmas present.

im a little confused about this part though

People often give goldfish or bettas in bowls as Christmas presents. Which usually leads to the death of the fish. =(

I fully support your plan Tropicana and I hope that you'll enlighten that second pet store. Just keep writing letters explaining why fish in fish bowls are no good!

I personally would like to iradicate these super-small novelty tanks I've been seeing everywhere. When I was little, my novelty little mermaid tank was at least 5 gallons and came with a small world filter! Nowadays everything is 2 or less, and is labeled "awesome for goldfish!" and doesn't have room for any type of filters!

well hopefully you will have better luck soon

im a little confused about this part though

wait i just got it LOL. good idea. just the other day i saw a teen that was buying a bunch of different goldies and he grabed a bowl. but then he put it back and got a 10 gallon tank. poor little guys are probally dead due to the tank cycling. :cry1

Probably your first letter didn't reach the hands of a forward thinking sensible person in the petshop. Otherwise they would not waste their time writing letters to tell you it won't work instead just thank you for the suggstion but may or may not have taken action.

However don't give up....

It would work better if you went straight to the manufacturers that aim their tanks for goldfish. After all its the advertising that gets people to buy them. A shop wont stop selling small bowls and goldfish because he is going to make money from it.

Well done though for your small step as its one he wouldnt have done without you.