Can Salt Hurt Snails?

88keys

Salt is not good for applesnails. The same principle goes with apples as it does for slugs.....salt is a no no. They can be made to tolerate low concentrations, some better than others, but its not good for them.

Once you add salt to your tank,the only way that you can remove it is by water changes,so it's very important to know huch much is always added into your tank ,and what the final concentration is.

Salt should Never just "be added to your tank .If fish come in direct contact with salt,it could burn them. You should Always dissolve the salt into a little bit of tank water Before adding it to your tank. :)

I personally don't keep salt in my tank at all times.If you think about it,Goldfish are freshwater fish. :) I leave the salt for new fish and q-tanks,or a certain illness,problem or Parasite that my fish may be facing.

As for the snails,I don't keep them in salted tanks.Although I have heard that some people keep their snails in a low % (O,1%),and say that they do fine,I am not willing to risk their health because of it. :exactly

One more thing,to wait an hour before adding the snails back to the tank is not recommended.As I mentioned,salt doesn NOT evaporate and therefore will remain in the tank.

Archived