Very Sad

Dreamgoddess

I don't know if any of you saw my post a while back about selling my tanks, but I sold the last tank last night. The lady that bought them also wanted my fish and she talked about how much she loved gf, so I feel like they've gone to a good home. I really believe she'll do her best to take care of them.

But DANG IT, I miss them! My goldfish were my babies, and I loved them so much! I got up this morning as usual and went in to feed them...of course they weren't there. The room looks so empty with the tanks gone. No more Sultan swimming up really fast to grab the food out of my fingers, and no more Willow hanging back and being the shy one. No more Myst and Tigerlily... :cry1:cry1

I really wanted to cry last night, but I just hear my husband saying "it's only goldfish...what are you crying about". I just had to post here at Koko's because I know all of you will understand how I'm feeling.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks bunches to everyone here at Koko's that always went out of their way to give me advice, suggestions, support when on of my gf was sick. Ya'll are the absolute best!

Hi Kim,I'm so sorry that it had to go that way for you.I'm sure it will be very hard to get use to a fishless home.I wish you the best of luck,and who knows....Maybe down the road you'll be back with exciting news. :yeah::D

I'm sorry you had to give your fish away but you did what you thought was for the best. :bighug

I'm sure in the future you will have more :)

I'm sorry about your fish. At least you know they have gone to a good home. If I had to give my fish away, I would feel really empty and it would take me awhile to get used to not having then around.

I hope you still visit Koko's :heart

I don't know if any of you saw my post a while back about selling my tanks, but I sold the last tank last night. The lady that bought them also wanted my fish and she talked about how much she loved gf, so I feel like they've gone to a good home. I really believe she'll do her best to take care of them.

But DANG IT, I miss them! My goldfish were my babies, and I loved them so much! I got up this morning as usual and went in to feed them...of course they weren't there. The room looks so empty with the tanks gone. No more Sultan swimming up really fast to grab the food out of my fingers, and no more Willow hanging back and being the shy one. No more Myst and Tigerlily... :cry1:cry1

I really wanted to cry last night, but I just hear my husband saying "it's only goldfish...what are you crying about". I just had to post here at Koko's because I know all of you will understand how I'm feeling.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks bunches to everyone here at Koko's that always went out of their way to give me advice, suggestions, support when on of my gf was sick. Ya'll are the absolute best!

I'm sorry about your fish :cry1

Sorry - I have to ask you why are you give away your fish ? What your reason ? I'm just curious !

Thanks

It is so emotional to have to let your babies go. I know the empty feeling...I felt that way when my youngest child went off to preschool, and felt the heartbreak for a year as I anticipated my eldest going off to college. It was never going to be the same. And we hobbiests form an attachment with our goldies...like you said, you got up in the morning and went to feed them...I feel like crying with you. It IS sad. I had to part with one of my goldies, a nacreous veiltail, and darn, if I didn't make sure he went to someone I felt confident would give him a good home!