How Much Water Conditioner Should I Add?

ktinal900

Hi! I was wondering if any of you would be able to help me out. Well, my betta is temporarily living in a tank with a half gallon of water... before I move him to his bigger home. I was just wondering if you would know how much water conditioner I should add to treat a half gallon of water?

I have Prime... and well, it says that 1 mL treats 10 gallons... meaning 0.1 mL treats 1 gallon... and 0.05 mL treats half a gallon. What I was wondering is if anyone has any idea how many drops this would be? And where could I purchase a dropper? :)

What I do is buy the large bottles for stock, and then I have the small bottle to dose my small tanks. You will have a hard time trying to get the right dosage for such a small container because prime is very concentrated. The dosage is also 2 drops per gallon, so if you do not want to do what I do (I go through prime quickly with all my tanks), a dropper would probably be sufficient.

Thank you so much!! That helps a lot! :) I didn't really think about it when I went to the pet store.. I just grabbed the largest bottle. Then when I get home and read the label, I was wondering how in the world I was going to measure it LoL. Does the smallest size bottle have a dropper lid (rather than simply a lid that screws off and you use the cap to measure it)?

I use an oral syringe to measure mine, it goes up to 5 ml and makes it so much easier! I guess an eye dropper would be fine, you can get a pack of three near the contact lens stuff at a wallyworld store. :)

I wish Prime came in a dropper bottle.... I think it used to come with a dropper tho.. Not really sure about that.

I use an oral syringe to measure mine, it goes up to 5 ml and makes it so much easier! I guess an eye dropper would be fine, you can get a pack of three near the contact lens stuff at a wallyworld store. :)

Thanks! :)

Archived