Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

I Brought My Weather Loaches Home

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. When I seen my do that the first time I was like EWWW!!!!.....But I did some research and High protein foods like Blood worms will make them shed. Also swimming around sometimes is weather due. Like when its going to rain and such. Dojos are strange things, they will also fart. Gulp air at the top and then you will see a fine mist of air coming from there bottom area. They also squeel too if in pain.... :o

Wow, Jessica, what a time you have had with your loaches. I am so glad that you have tried to save them. I was sorry to hear that you lost one, but hopefully the second one will thrive with your nursing care.

How is he/she today?

Koko, I am seriously glad that you mentioned that because this loach likes to do barrel rolls, he points his butt at the glass and a bunch of bubbles come out....I know that is gross to say, but I didn't know!! I'm glad that you mentioned that they fart. heehee. I was wondering if there was something else wrong with him.

Touchofsky, he is swimming around right now, he's been swimming most of the day, so I hope that is a good sign.

I'm going to go over to the disease forum in a few minutes after I let the dog out ect. I want to ask what is wrong with him :P

His sloughing skin has stopped, the spot where his skin peeled off is almost the size of a dime, it has a red cut that is fairly small and zig zag shaped in the middle, around the red cut it is whitish purple and the outer edges of the spot are black!! Poor thing. It was just white and meatie looking this morning, it's almost like something ruptured from the inside out.

Jessica

Guest melanippe

Now KoKo told me if you fed lots of blood worms they could lose their skin like a snake. I'll admit mine usually swim at night in north west Ga. Weather? Oh and I believe it was KoKo that also told me they would "fart". Not seen mine do that yet.

:rofl Be just too cute as long as it's natural!