Do Your Fish Have Strange Habits?

tonya

Guest Sammy-O

haha! Frank likes to swim up to where the filter is pouring the water back into the tank, and then swim into the stream, and go for a little ride. He'll do it 5-10 times before stopping - he's so funny!

One of my comets Rocket has a love hate relationship with my airstone. He used to swim directly into it and before I adjusted the pressure he'd float straight to the top. He's 5 inches so I thought that was a little too strong. Well now that he has the bubble thing figured out, he sticks only his head in it, then he'll start zipping and darting around the tank.

In my other tank the little guys like to zip through it or as someone else mentioned swim in in vertically.

My pond fish will jump out of the water to catch the low flying mosquitos in their mouths. Sometimes when the cats are having a drink from the pond a fish'll do this and they'll jump so high, they almost fall in!

Una

when ever i look closely at my tank and look at my fish, goggles comes up to me and blocks my view, then i move and he soon blocks my view again. LOL Hes such an attention loving fish. :D

Crick has started a new one. He likes to do it with peas. But he drags them around the tank, dropping them into the bubble wall and chasing them around. He also comes at them like a cat stalking a mouse, and jumps on them, takes a bite, swims away, and then comes back again.

I spoke too soon about Dickey and the bubbles.. His new trick is to do limbo under the bubble wand. There is just enough space for him to get under there (he's not real fat yet ha ha).

I just put him in a new 20 gal tank (he's getting a roomate) and I used stress coat on him. I think he is trying to wipe it off.

Weirdo!

nothing really strange or unordinary, though one of the orandas is newer than the others and still doesn't really know when feeding time is, also doesn't eat from my hands, so when i feed them, sometimes that fish is still at the bottom and doesn't notice, my other oranda will go and nudge it to tell it that theres food coming.

Well, Jason Varitek is a shy guy and he swims away from me when I approach the tank... Mike Timlin is just the opposite, he swims right up to me as if to say hi! David Ortiz (Big Poppi) is somewhere in the middle...

I've also noticed that the 3 of them school together alot around the tank.

All 3 are super friendly with my cory cat...