New Fish.....

tropicana

:newfish i just put him in the tank, he's a little moor with only 1 telescope eye, i'm guessing it's a deformity because i've heard of fish like it, but he stood out to me, while all the other fish swam up to me he just swam around at the back, it was so cute!

:) Congrats on your new Moor.His eye missing could have been from a Trauma,or just a defect in birth.The fact that he was hanging out alone may be a warning to keep an eye out on him.If it was a recent accident or loss-you'll want to watch out for any secondary infections.Moors have a harder time finding food to begin with,so this little guy may need special feedings just to make sure that he eats enough.

I have a few different fish though with one eye,and I keep them together.As long as water params are maintained and I give them a little extra time to find food,they seem to be doing well and getting chubby.I wish you good luck with your new little buddy. :)

:rolleyes: Sorry,my bad. Is he still rather small? I know that in all the years that I've kept Moors,sometimes the younger ones had wierd eyes like that and then they eventually grew more normal.My Moor Mambo,has HUGE Telescope eyes now-nothing like when I got her.They almost look too big. :blink:

AWW that sounds so cute! I think Elmo is a good name. I think it would be interesting to see if the other eye does catch up or maybe the tele one "deflates"

I thnk it is fine you have 2 moors together, I mean you can tell them apart, so why not.

I want to see pics really BAD!