Sign in to follow this  
Sonny

Jikin Cross - Cool Fish!

I went to a koi and goldfish show in San Antonio last weekend and saw a fish that I thought was really striking (see below). The goldfish chairwoman told me it was a "Jikin cross". I did a bit of googling to see what I could find out about such fish and I found Koko's. Under your Jikin section it talks about Al Foster and his breeding efforts with long-tailed Jikins. Anyone think the fish below might be one of his fish? Does anyone know how to contact him?

UnknownJikinCross.jpg

So, not only did I discover a new kind of goldfish I found a cool new goldfish site too! :bingo:

hey there and :welcome

i guess i just learned about a new type of goldfish too LOL

That is a very nice fish in the photo you took too :D

Oh and may i ask, is that your fish in your signature, cuz that is one heck of a wen lol

Thanks for the welcome Peaches...

Yes, the fish in my signature is one of my Orandas. I use that picture as my avatar on a couple of other boards but I don't think I'm entitled to set an avatar here. At least not yet. :)

Woahhhhh I love that Jikin Cross! If I'd ever seen a long tailed jikin, yours would be it :D

:) What a beauty! Love that tail and the coloring!

Wow I think it truly is a long-tailed Jikin! Nice find! It looks soooo graceful and elegant. I guess there's still some work to be done on the breed cos it needs a bit more torpedo-ish body shape and the tail hasn't really got that "peacock" shape yet.

So, does anyone know if Al Foster is still breeding this type of fish? I'm dying for a Philadelphia Veiltail too! Anyone know how to contact him?