Babys

my molly a dalmation one had a baby i don;t know what to do i am pretty sure its her cus the baby looks and has the same finage fins the others fish in the tank is curved??????what to do what to feed them should i sperate them or do i leave them their sow far thre is one do they all come out at once or do they do one at a time??????

Most fish will eat their young if they can catch them.You can either set up a fry tank,or even spend a couple bucks on a Breeder's net to hang on the inside of the tank.Sometimes the fry will make it without doing those things if you have the tank heavily planted,or at least have alot of fake plants and hidey spots for them..As for feeding them,they'll eat finely crushed flake food,or even Brine shrimp,etc. :)

Is the female still rather fat looking?Maybe you caught her when she was just starting???It is also possible that you found the last of them too.It's now a waiting game. :rolleyes:

Any live bearing fish though continue to breed and quite often then you actually need them to.One moment you have one baby,and a couple months later,you realize that you have way too many

For that reason,I really try and stay away from live bearing fish.

Someone a few months back,sent me 3 Green swordtails,and now I have a few dozen of them. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
:) Congrats on finding more babies.In my experiences,the birthing usually takes one or two days to be completely done.I think it's pretty normal to find babies bigger than other's when they're the first born ones.Those little guys grow and gain weight at such a fast rate,that just the fact that he may have been born a few hours ahead of the others gives him quite a head start. :)