Sign in to follow this  
Anic

New Betta!

I got a purdy yellow male Betta today, kind of as a B-day present to myself (besides the 4 Rammstein CDs I bought) and he is so cute! He's a crowntail. And he'd better stay healthy because the little turd was almost $7! I about died. But that's ok.

Um, no pics yet because I'm still trying to figure out my new camera (finally!!). I got a couple pics of him already, so as soon as I can get them onto photobucket I'll post a link here.

Oh! Names! Umm, I kinda want natural sounding names. Or the word for "yellow" in other languages, like German, French, etc.

Actually, I'm gonna try to get those pics up now.

Congrats Anic! He sounds beautiful and I can't wait to see him. Here are some nature-y yellowish names:

Citrus

Comet

Horizon

Dune

Star

Xanthe (pronounced zan-thee)

Topaz

What does Xanthe mean?

I think its a yello pigment. Amarillo is yellow in spanish, and sun is sol if you want another language. I don't know any others :P

I think calling him "Yellow" in English would just sound funny...

Guest Crush

He is very pretty, and it might just be the lighting but he looks more like a peach with some red. Almost like a dawn of some sort.

He reminds me of a sunrise, which is amanecer (a-man-e-cer)in spanish. Which would make me call him manny for short.

Congratulations on your new Betta! He seems to be a very pretty colour from what I can see, kinda sunrise-ish. I agree with Crush - Manny would be a lovely name for him :D

congrats on your new fish. He is cute. I like the names Citrus and Topaz for names

:) Hes very preatty! Congrats on your :newfish !

Congrats on your new little boy hes gorgeous.I kinda like the name Orion.

Funny you should mention Orion because the last week or so I've seen that constellation while standing at the bottom of my driveway.

I kinda like Orion, Citrus and Xanthe.

:) Hi Ashley,Congrats on your new Betta.I think he's lovely,and you don't see too many that are his color in the everyday Pet Stores.Very nice. :exactly

I think calling him "Yellow" in English would just sound funny...

I had a cat named "girl" because... well, she was a girl. :)

I have no idea what Xanthe means but I like the way it sounds and the way it's spelled. So I pick that one!

I'll try and get better pictures of him this week.

Ooh, nice fish! (oh, and btw Rammstein rules :rockon ) I'd have suggested calling him after one of the guys though. His fins kinda remind me of when Flake had blond hair. That was around the time they released Sehnsucht (in case you didn't know :) )