Betta Tails

koko

• 3 years later...

my half moon looks a bit different then the one showed on that link. almost looks like a double tail, but its not at the same time. thanks for the link though, i was always curious on the different types. :D

^The doubletail they used as an example is actually a halfmoon doubletail. Original strains of the doubletail had pointed dorsals and caudals that looked like double super deltas.

The fish in your avatar pic, on the other hand, is a lavender rosetail halfmoon, judging from how finely branched the tips of the veins on his tailfin are, giving them that frilly edge look

• 4 months later...

I noticed that they don't have a picture of a clowntail on their link and after recently discovering that Duke is a cLowntail and not a cRowntail thought this picture might help others who have the -cough- fortune to own a funny looking betta

"The name "clown tails" is a corruption or 'crown' tails, reflecting the attitudes and experience of some growers who have experienced variable (and perhaps disappointing) results in the breeding of this trait. " http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/16645-types-of-bettas/

027.jpg

Edited by EdgarTheFish

• 1 month later...

I noticed that they don't have a picture of a clowntail on their link and after recently discovering that Duke is a cLowntail and not a cRowntail thought this picture might help others who have the -cough- fortune to own a funny looking betta

"The name "clown tails" is a corruption or 'crown' tails, reflecting the attitudes and experience of some growers who have experienced variable (and perhaps disappointing) results in the breeding of this trait. " http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/16645-types-of-bettas/

027.jpg

He is adorable -clown or not!