My Goldies' New Home =)

ktinal900

I moved my two goldies (comet) in their new 29 gallon home over a week ago. I've been monitoring their water, doing regular water changes so the ammonia doesn't get too high. Now that the small fish (the 3 incer) has hiding places away from the larger one (the 7 incher), he is always hiding! The big one still chases his around when they eat but not as much as before, even though I try to feed them on opposite sides of the tank. That doesn't really work, and the big one has been getting the majority of the food. If he's lucky, the little one gets a few pieces. :( I've thought about taking him out to feed him separately but I think that'll stress him out too much. What do you think?

I'd love to post some pics but my dog chewed my camera and it's not working quite right. :blink: And to think she has so many chew toys to chew on instead! LoL :heart

I'd love to post some pics but my dog chewed my camera and it's not working quite right. :blink: And to think she has so many chew toys to chew on instead! LoL :heart

:rofl

I think taking your fish out evry time you need to feed him will stress him out. I had the same problem when I had to feed my apple snails. My GF would eat all their food. I bought some tank dividers and seperated the fish from the snails that way, and that worked pretty good. I only put the dividers in during feeding time :D

Thanks for the ideas!! I am really glad I found this forum :D everyone has been so helpful!!

Although I don't think I could hand feed the small one since he's kinda timid, I think I'll try out the tank separators.

Archived