Your Favourite Goldfishes

Guest fantail109

Guest fantail109

Personally my favourite goldfish is the Pearlscale. I would like to have one but after disastrous attempts to care for goldfish, I have decided to just admire them. Besides Pearlscales are very expensive, does anyone know why?

:) I'm not sure why pearlies are expensive, maybe just because they are a fancy goldfish. I have a couple of them. One I got at vvvv a few weeks ago and she was only $3.00. She is small, about 2in long. She is a calico and quite preatty. And seems very healthy. :heart

But I think my favorite has always been Orandas. I just love them and I have many of them. And then who can resist the face of a Ranchu? Those are next on my list!

pearlscales are expensive? the ones i see are always so small i guess they're inexpensive because of that.

i've never owned one but they're really cute!

my favorite is fantails. simple. classic. and the hardiest guys i've ever owned! (whether i should be admitting that or not... haha.)

Supply and Demand are what sets the price. If there were 3000 pearlscales available to a store, they would be .99 @.

Pearlscales are a fancy - and they carry a lot of recessive mutations to make them into the fish they are. This also can make them a bit more delicate than other fish. There are also fewer people who really specialize in pearlscales. They are not considered one of the more "popular" fish, such as Ranchu/Lionhead.

I do not have a specific favorite, but I have come to realize that I find finnage - long flowing fins - to be my favorite thing of all in fish. I also am a fan of dorsal-less fish. Put them together and you get a Phoenix type fish. I think I have to say that Phoenix, and large finned Ryukin, Oranda, and such are my favorites. I am working on getting used to the delicate features of the veiltails - and think they may soon be very attractive, too.

It is all about the finnage on a fish for me. :):heart

:rolleyes: I think that my biggest problem is that they're all my favorites! :rofl

I tend to be quite partial to anything Black/Blue,or Chocolate.I love chubby cheeks and wen.I guess if I had to pick,my top 3 choices would be Lionhead,Ranchu,Oranda--

Carol,I'm with you,I can just picture a dorsaless Blue fish with long beautiful fins. :heart

• 4 weeks later...

I love the ranchu with lots of growth on its head and cheeks--what is sometimes called a lionchu. The lionheads are too straight backed for me. Next is the beautiful oranda--once again it's the wen that get me! I saw somebody's picture of her tank of orandas, and they were so cute, being of one kind in the tank with their fab "brains!" :D

Edited by goldenlady