Sign in to follow this  
vmlola

Finally, My 37 Gal Tank Is Done!

:) I finished the 37 gal Oceanic tank that I got on sale. I made it into my second tropical tank and was adding the free fish from a friend that was moving. She was bringing a few fish every week to empty her tank. :newfish

I did not go fancy but used things I had on hand. My friend has given me quite a few fish and as it turned out it looks like I decorated to match the color of the fish.

th_Tropical3.jpg

th_Tropical2.jpg

th_Tropica1.jpg

This was the tank the day after I got it. Lucky for the fish and I that I had an extra Penguin 350 running on a tank that did not need it, but I had it cycling just in case. Because you never know when you might need a cycled filter for that new tank! :rolleyes:

th_new37galoceanic.jpg

The tank sits on a matching stand and I am very happy with the way it turned out. As much as I adore my goldfish, theres nothing like watching a tank full of tropicals swimming around!

It looks amazing hun! :heart I have a rainbow fish too. :heart

:) Thanks Erin! Rainbows are really cool looking fish. My friend has given me four rainbows and I think they are real preatty.

I think theyre pretty too but mine is a bit of a bully. :glare: Chases the tetras around all day so theyre usually hiding.

:D It really does look wonderful vm.I too keep a few, :rolleyes: well 8 tropical tanks. :rofl

I love your decor.

:D It really does look wonderful vm.I too keep a few, :rolleyes: well 8 tropical tanks. :rofl

I love your decor.

When I read you have 8 tropical tanks Sharon, my fingers wanted to do the "Shame on you" motion, :rofl but then then it reminded me of a bumper sticker a dear friend has. My friend is a quilter, seamstress, a major "fabric hog" if ever there was one and she has a bumper sticker that reads "The One That Dies With The Most Fabric Wins!" Maybe we need to design a bumper sticker here like that. :heart

Nice tank and fish! What types of fish did you get?

Thanks Kissy!

Let me see, my friend brought me 2 huge beautiful New Guinea Rainbows, 2 Leopard Danios, 1 big Diamond Tetra the first time. The next week she brought 2 big Boesemani Rainbows, 2 Blue Gouramis, and 2 Male Fire Red Gouramis and They are all very healthy and just beautiful.

This past week she brought over her common pleco, which went in with the others and she also brought two rubbermouth plecos. They have a new job and thats helping with the ever popular :yikes brown algea I have going on in my goldfish tanks. Lets see if they help with the battle because nothing else I have tried has helped.

It looks fabulous hun!! Really bright and cheerful. I had to laugh about the filter being ready- we all are secret filter hoarders aren't we....just waiting for that next fish that either we have to have or will need a home :D . Good job!

Just beautiful vmlola. I love all the plants, very natural looking.

Let me see, my friend brought me 2 huge beautiful New Guinea Rainbows, 2 Leopard Danios, 1 big Diamond Tetra the first time. The next week she brought 2 big Boesemani Rainbows, 2 Blue Gouramis, and 2 Male Fire Red Gouramis and They are all very healthy and just beautiful.

This past week she brought over her common pleco, which went in with the others and she also brought two rubbermouth plecos. They have a new job and thats helping with the ever popular :yikes brown algea I have going on in my goldfish tanks. Lets see if they help with the battle because nothing else I have tried has helped.

WOW!!! :krazy: Talk about a community tank. Your set up looks great. I love tanks that have alot of greenery.