Im A Dad!

Guest flyboymonkey

Guest flyboymonkey

:):D i did it i finnaly bred my first bred breed or ...whatever im a dad to 3 guppies now they were just born!

im gonna get a five gallon soon anyone n=know stuff i need? other than filter ect.ect... :):D

Congrats on your new guppies. Boy,I remember those days of live bearing fish.One moment you had three new babies and the next thing you knew,it was more like three thousand! :yikes

What size tank do you have,and how many guppies-males/females do you have?

A five gal. tank will be okay as long as you only have a few babies.Once you're able to sex them though ,you'll have to seperate the boys from the girls,or they'll just continue to reproduce and get totally out of control.

You'll need the same set up as your bigger tank,heater/filter,etc. Also,get some fry food.Hikari makes some that's good.If you can't get it,then you can always grind up fish flakes until they're small enough for the new fry to eat.New fry also love Live Brine newborn shrimp if you ever want to try your hand at hatching shrimp eggs. :D Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going. :exactly

Guest flyboymonkey

i have hikari first bites im going to vvvv to get the five gal today

i have 3 currently but the reason i bred them on the first place was to give them away so no biggie with boy girl thing i dont think i can afford a new filter but ill try in my former tank i have 1 male guppy 1 female guppy a pleco a betta and a neon tetra i am currently housing them in my tank with a breeders cagey thingy :rockon

and those "three thousand were eaten"

congrats. make sure you seperate the males and females or you'll end up like me with hundreds of guppies born every month :krazy: most get eaten by the other fish though. man, i could be making some money selling all these baby guppies.

i sugest some liquid food that you put into the water. you could just feed them 1 flake of food.

Also, put some panyhoes over the filter intake with a rubber band, because they do get sucked up.

Guest flyboymonkey

my goal is thousands i sellthem (i just started like 2 days ago )

and i have them in a little breeders thingy cage

and theres no fillter "in" the cage outside there is

congrats. make sure you seperate the males and females or you'll end up like me with hundreds of guppies born every month :krazy: most get eaten by the other fish though. man, i could be making some money selling all these baby guppies.

i sugest some liquid food that you put into the water. you could just feed them 1 flake of food.

Also, put some panyhoes over the filter intake with a rubber band, because they do get sucked up.

I know what you mean there. I started with one male, one female about 3 months ago and now have close to 40 guppies, all from the first male and female.