Impressed With Petsmart

Wynkin

Yesterday I bought a 10 gallon "goldfish kit"--an aquarium with lid, light, filter, etc. and it has a very well written and accurate guide for proper setting up of a tank for goldfish and complete instructions about cycling and adding fish.

It has "simple steps to success" as well. Wow! It is really neat to see such detailed info in a simple kit like this.

Of course, I started thinking--someone will buy this kit AFTER being told that 5 or 6 common goldfish (they are SO inexpensive) will be fine in a 10 gallon. Then if they even read the guide, they will find out that they are overstocked. <_<

I bought this tank for a quarantine tank--I am going to bring home an oranda that I fell in love with at Whities--I went to look at the ranchus and wouldn't you know it, saw a lively little orange oranda with LONG fins and an beautiful tail.

I will keep her in the 10 gallon till my studio is finished and I can set up a 60 gallon. :)

:lol

Black Oranda, do you have vvvv up there? I think so, and they must have the same products in Canada. On stuff for sale here there are usually 2 prices (US and Canada) and Canada is always more expensive. :blink:

Tanya, your orange oranda is just beautiful!!! I had thought about getting a red cap or a chocolate but this particular fish is really something.

:lol:

I was thinking that maybe your money has a different exchange rate and it just seems higher.

I have traveled in Mexico and US dollars go very far there. But in Japan, at least when I was there, US $ was worth so much less.

I am excited about getting a new goldie today.

:hi

That's good to hear about vvvv. They have pretty decent prices around here in Houston, Tx... but I refuse to shop there because of the awful customer service I had to deal with. I do miss their prices... = ( Like 20g longs for $25!!!! ARGH! Everywhere else is $30+. It does keep my spending in check though!

Archived