Goldfish Tank At Fancy Restaurant

Ginevive

We went to a fancy dining establishment last night for my fiancee's work's christmas party. right in the doorway was a 55-gallon aquarium with about 6 big Comets in it! And if you looked closely, you would see that there are also two HUGE common plecostomus in there too! And a few small feeders.

I do not know how long this tank had been going, but I know that those plecos will have some Goldfish Stew soon. Why are people such morons???

It happens to the best of them. They might simply follow the advice they got from some pet store. A lot of restaurants also have companies doing their tank maintanance for them, the chinese restaurant I used to go to before I moved did that. Never did a water test or change in their live.

I walked into a chinese Restaurant here in Kissimmee a few weeks back, and you wouldnt believe how overstocked their 10 gl tank was - 4 3inch koi, 2 fancy goldies, 1 pleco, a ton of plants and gravel. Needless to say, that tank was cloudy as can be, and when I asked them if they think that is healthy, they said, the maintanance company set it up that way, and the restaurant owner does not know much about fish anyhow..... <_>

I have one small plecostomus in my tank with my Comets. I call them sucker fish. I want to take him to a pet store to give him away.

the pet store will just end up selling it for a profit :angry: why not give it to a friend instead? whats with those people donating fish to petstores anyway? they just want more money!!!!!!!! :thud

Guest Sapphyra
whats with those people donating fish to petstores anyway? they just want more money!!!!!!!!

Uh.. That's not how my pet store is. We rarely price donations as high as they'd regularly be priced if we'd ordered them. And so what? We're not really making money on the fish because any customer that 'donates' a fish gets a store credit to pick out more fish to bring home with them.

Guest gldfshkpr

SpunkyOranda, I agree. I've never been to a resturant where the fish were well kept. These folks need to be educated. There's a worthy crusade! Right up there with bowls...

:cry1 It's too bad people who want to keep fish (or any critter for that matter) don't find out more about them (ie. Web, Books) before they atempt to raise them. :angry: We can only hope they will learn. :goldfish

i wish i had. but then i thought goldfish were easy, and noone ever told me there were things that could so easily go wrong if you don't do things properly. unfortunately, people aren't perfect...so, apologies on behalf of all of us who screwed up when we started.

Archived