Are These Good Prices?

Guest Mutsukai

Guest Mutsukai

I'm looking into getting a new fishtank in a couple months, and these are two of my options.

29 gallon - $239.99

55 gallon - $399.99

Both come with Bio-Wheel filters, marineland heaters, and some junk I don't need. Are these decent prices? (Canadian dollar, BTW)

I am in Canada, but I haven't bought tanks for a while, so I am not up on prices.

However, the best buy that I got was from on-line classified ad5 posted by a local aquarium club. If you have anything like that in your area, it would be a good idea to post what you are looking for and see if your get any responses. I got a used 70 gallon tank with a solid oak (not veneer) stand and hood, lots of accessories including a Vortex diatom filter, for $400.

If you don't have any luck that way, the best buys seem to come about around Christmas. There are always lots of specials on tank sets ups. Big Al's has a huge sale between Christmas and New Year's.

Guest Mutsukai

Thanks. I've contacted someone whose offering a 33 with heater/filter/lighthood for $85 (best deal I could find on craigslist)

Only problem is that it comes with fish. Of the non goldie-kind. What do you propose I do? We don't have an aquarium club nearby or anything.