White Clouds W/ Goldfish?

YokulX

White clouds or daninos would be great in your tank with your fish. A school of around 6 is a good number. White clouds tend to hang around the top of the tank, they are very peaceful fish. Danios go everywhere and are very active.

White clouds are true cold water fish and don't do well at higher temperatures, I don't think they are particularly fond of salt either.

oh really? i always thought of them as being tropical fish...danios too? I have 6 danios in another 37 gallon tropical community...they recently had fry, I'm currently raising 50 fry in a 3 gallon =).

They are both cold water fish but danios can handle tropical temperatures with ease. White clouds prefer cooler water and will happily go about their business at 13C or 55F. When the temps reach the mid 20's or 70's they don't like it much, any higher than that and they are really struggling.

edit: A bit of trivia, even guppies and platies can be kept in an unheated tank in warmer climates, provided the temp doesn't fall below 18C or 68F.

Edited by Fishmerised

White clouds or daninos would be great in your tank with your fish. A school of around 6 is a good number. White clouds tend to hang around the top of the tank, they are very peaceful fish. Danios go everywhere and are very active.

White clouds are true cold water fish and don't do well at higher temperatures, I don't think they are particularly fond of salt either.

well, would they do alright at 24 degrees c?

Guest pixiejanet

I`ve never really thought about putting anything but goldfish in with goldfish...mine would probably eat

anything i put in mine anyway, tho` i was considering an algae eater to stop my bogwood getting furry, it`s

a bind having to scrub it each week!!

If the GF were a lot bigger that the white clouds & danios, wouldn't there be a good chance that they would get eaten. I have a school of white clouds in a small tank but was thinking of putting them in with my GF but I'm afraid that it would be too stressful for them as they may be constantly chased and eventually eaten

Some members have reported that their goldfish ate a minnow or danino but it doesn't happen very often. I think common sense is required and slower, smaller goldfish are a better option, ie. pearlscales or telescopes.

Over the past couple years I have always kept either wc's or daninos with my gf and only twice has there been an unexplained disappearance. This doesn't necessary mean that the goldfish preyed on the daninos or wc's, the gf may have eaten them after they died.

I was also thinking about the possibility of them becoming goldfish food...so maybe it's not such a good idea??

I would be concerned about that - my fish, the Giant Girl in paticular, would happily eat a minnow.

Other than that, they should get along fine - they are distant relatives(Minnow and Carp family)

Hee Hee...maybe I am thinking of the wrong fish! I'll have to check. One fish store I go to has a tank of several different kinds of different little fish (I could have sworn she said some were white clouds....maybe not!) But they are feeders. They have many fish keeper clients that have chiclids & the like that feed different size fish. Anyway...they were kind of smallest minnow-like fish.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a number of white clouds in our 75g tank when the goldfish were smaller. We had plenty of plants for them to hide in, but usually they were swimming in open water mid-tank. Over 3 years or so, they died out. By then the goldfish were getting big enough to eat them, so we didn't replace the minnows. But they were delightful when the GF were smaller.

Now we have a couple of frisky dojo loaches and a couple of bristle-nose plecs in that tank (plus 4 or 5 fat goldfish). If I ever start a tank with small goldfish again, I'd surely like some more white clouds.

Caroline in San Jose