Anacharis

lepperchan

Hey all i just got some Anacharis(cheapest they had), i was just wondering what people thought of the stuff, and was wondering how it should be planted? how do you make it so it stays attatched to the bottiom?

right no i just wedged it in the gravel, any suggestions? and i was wondering if they need any fertilizer? i got some just incase... look forward to hearing from you all...

CHEERS

• Admin

One tip about this plant. It doesnt like warm water tanks. It likes in the high 60F to low 70F.

If you want then anchored you can go different ways. Get a Terra cotta pot plant it in side it and add some gravel from the tank just like you would plant outdoor plants. :)

Another way would be getting rubber bands and gently tie it to the bottom of the plant and push under the gravel or use plant leads you can get them at most LFS :D

What I do with them is cultivating them outside my tanks, that way I always have some more when the fish are feeling like something green.

I put them in a rubbermaid container outside, where they can receive a half day of sun light or so, and have them just floating in the container. With every water change I do, I add a bucket of the old tank water with gunk and stuff into the container with the anacharis, that way they get their fair share of *fertilizer*.... B)

Good idea, ill just ask it in here insted of making a new topic....

I was thinking of doing something like that except for just buying it from the store. my question is, does adding plants stress out the fish or screw with the amonia or nitrites or anything.. hope it doesn't ....

Cheers

In my experience, fish love having live plants in their tanks.

I have only noticed benefits from having live plants in my tanks :D

BTW, Ranchugirl, you are obviously not living where I live. My rubbermaid tub of plants :rofl would be a block of ice if I put it outside

I am so glad that I live where I do.....The flowers bloom this time of year, the vegetables grow...Florida is a wonderful place, I am not a snow person, and was not too happy when I had to scrape off ice of my car window this morning, first time in almost 10 years!

Archived