Sign in to follow this  
tmntfan2003

What Do You Do While You Wait?

what do you do while you have to wait for the flakes or pellets to soak? Is there anything that'll make the time go by faster?

while the flakes are soaking i put the lid back onto the flake food container and put it back onto the shelf. that takes 5 seconds.

What do you do while you wait?

I just pull up a chair and watch the fish, lol! If I'm not careful, I could end up sitting there for quite some time, as they are so funny when they are 'begging'. :D

Lisa

For me, I can't wait and end up feed them early. So instead of watching fish I did something minor house work.

Mostly when I come back from work, immediately I soak the food. Then I come back after awhile and feed them.

:blink: My problem is that while "I'm waiting",I go off and do other tanks.My biggest problem is remembering to go back to the first ones. :rofl I love time and having tons of it!

I do other tanks too :D I usually feed just before going to bed, so sometimes I go clean my teeth or something too.

:) I get everyones food soaking in little medicine cups and go take my shower and then come out and feed the fish! Thats the morning routine!

I'm usually cleaning the kitchen from dinner in the evening and I soak the food while doing the dishes.

I know, sounds boring, but then how exciting is soaking food! :rofl

I just watch my fish telling me to hurry up with that food we are starving in here :lol:

Edited by Blue

I usually get busy and forget that it's soaking, but as soon as I walk past the tank they are right there to remind me.

I go surf the net while their food is soaking, as the tank is next to my computer table. Most of the time when I find something interesting on the net I forget about the food. At such times those impatient fishies of mine start kissing the tank so loud to remind me :D

Feed the cats......

It takes about 5mins for my pellets to soak and become nice and juicy, but i have to be doing something in the lounge room or close otherwise i'll forget and i'll come back later and it'll all be dry and crusty :P

Either that or i feed them early, i hate waiting, they just look so hungry all the time!!!

I just thought of some things I can do. I kind of got the idea from you all. Some of you said while the food is soaking you feed your other pets. I dont have any other pets so I thought what about me.

In the morning while I soak the food I could fix myself some cerial and sliced fruit. Then eat breakfast with my goldfish. I normally dont eat breakfast but it's supposed to be the most important meal of the day.

When I get home from school I soak more food, while the food is soaking I could fix myself a sandwich. I could eat again with my goldfish :)

I only soak the food for three of my tanks (now two since Bart is out of qt)...my commons/comets don't get their food soaked very often, but my fancies and my betta do.

For the morning routine: I put the food in the little cups and then I put away the food, feed my 55 gallon tank, check the kitty litter bopx and scoop iof necessary, check cat food and water and refill if necessary. If this doesn't take long enough usually I will make my daughter's and fiance's luches in between, but then i sometimes forget about the food! Nighttime routine varies, but usually I put my daughter to bed while the food soaks.

I sit on my porch outside and have a smoke. It takes up about 5 or 6 minutes

:) i test my water.

::edit::

or i sit there and watch them as they dance around in anticipation.

Edited by Tinkokeshi

Well, when i go home first thing i do is soak the pellets and offer my eve prayers it takes about 10 Min after that i get busy in other thing i soak food for about an hour. just before i have my dinner i give food to fish then after i come back from dinner i start air pump again. btw i shut off air pump before feeding (not filter)

Well, when i go home first thing i do is soak the pellets and offer my eve prayers it takes about 10 Min after that i get busy in other thing i soak food for about an hour. just before i have my dinner i give food to fish then after i come back from dinner i start air pump again. btw i shut off air pump before feeding (not filter)

Why do you shut down the air pump during the feeding time? just curious

I usually make my feeding rounds right before I go to bed. I put my goldies food soaking, then I feed all my other fish, then go back to the goldies. Unfortunately every once in a while, I'll wake up in the morning and see their soaking food still on the tank :o my poor little goldies :heart

I usually browse the internet and watch them swim around like crazy. My only problem is my computer is right beside them so they will demand for food for hours, depending on how long I'm at my computer :rolleyes: .

They are asking for food right now and their feeding time isn't for another hour.

karla

I don't soak mine....... I feed gelfood!! :D Back when I soaked them though, I'd probably go outside while it was soaking, or test water, something like that.