Sucker Fish In Betta Tank Now

Black oranda

I putted my sucker fish in my betta tank a 5 gal.

He seem to be sad i feel really bad for him

the betta fish his flaring and swiming around him

they should get used to each other i hope.

I want to thank everyu one that helped me

There's a decent chance the betta might eat all the sucker fishes fins when you're not looking...

On the bright side, the pleco is perfectly capable of fighting back. Well, it's a bright side if you're not the betta..

I would put the betta in something like a small bowl or jar (he won't suffer from it) keep the pleco in the small tank for the time being, and keep them seperated. I've had a pleco rip off a bunch of my white telescope-eyed GF's finnage, and it never grew back. An attack like that can happen in mere seconds, and you can't watch them every second. but if you dno't mind the betta becoming a "feeder", then by all means leave them together.

you know guys I am not sure how he died. he was a little fellow I was very fond of him. I remember coming home friday and Im like doing my fish talkand I stop because jhonny is not there.. so I looked under the filter, in the caves behind the plants. When I did my water change he was under the smaller cave.. I think maybe the temp bothered him b/c my house temp will rise and fall. I will add a heater before I get another.

yes he was in my gf tank.. I had only had him a short time but they never seemed to have any problems. He seemed fond of my little telescope cc.. he would swim off to the back and sit with him,.. and he always cleaned my snails.

yes I am awre of that. Johnny was not aggressive (as of yet) he was no more than 2 inches. Just a tiny fellow.. most of my gf were longer than him. Eventually I would have given him to my mom and then got another small one.

Archived