Clownfish?

Bzoink

Hiiii there. My dad has recently been getting me into a lot of fish and he really wants even more than I even do XD

Sooo he was trying to convince me into getting a clownfish but they look pretty... exotic. And expensive. And hard! Cute sure but hmm.

Sooo how much would it all cost? Tank...heater...food...filter... How hard would it be? Cleaning... maintaining everything... All that. Only for like 1-2 of them.

Maybe you can link me to a site or something hmm. I'd just like some more info as most of the sites I've found have been pretty crappy.

Thank yooou. :heart

Clown fish need a marine set up, so its more expensive and pricy depending on what you want in your aquarium. I'm clueless about marine fish, so why don't you try the marine subforum? I'm sure they'll be able to give you more answers on care, maintenece and prices.

I have clownfish.Yes as trinket has said you need a marine tank set up and they are not the easiest of tanks to look after compared with freshwater.My clownfish were babies and cost me ?9 each (roughly $18 each).Bigger the clownfish the more expensive it will be.

Clowns are lots of fun to keep...but as everyone has said it is a salt water fish and requires a salt water tank... To set up a nano you are looking at anywhere from $175.00 to $400.00 depending on the type of equipment you are willing to go for!!! If you really are wanting to go salt...let us know and we can walk you through the process!!!

I've decided against setting up a marine tank for now just because of how complicated it is and expensive o_o I did some research and it looks pretty complicated for mee... Lol! I'll stick to goldfish for now... I have to save up a bit to get into marine:P Since if I ever do get to it I'd like to have everythinggg good.

But that'll be a while:) Thanks for the help!!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

i would love to do marine one day. though just like you, i shall def. keep to fresh water for a long time. then maybe one day, have both . in a big mansion, once i get rich!. lol, hey its doesnt hurt to imagine. lol, i am only 17 so its a possibility!