Question

tropicana

my family are having a big party, i'm talking loud music, drunk people etc.... , since all my fish tanks are in my room, i'm worried about my fish stressing out, and also my room has no door and people walk into it alot, there are goign to be little kids running around the place too....

anything i can do to stop my fish stressing out or am i just being an over-protective parent? xD

I would cover them with a table cloth or something. Its not only for their stress reduction, but also for the fact that kids and/or drunken people could dump stuff into the tank. What people can't see if out of their minds. Wouldn't be the first incident where kids dump things in there, or a can of beer finds its way into the tank. :)

I always tape the lids shut on my tanks when we have a party. Make it as hard as possible to "Give" the tank anything and all will be better. A cover is a good idea. Tape will ensure it, under that cloth.

Parties are #### for goldfish. A few years ago, long before I even considered fish keeping, at a friend's party another friend and I thought it would be funny to poor beer into his mum's fish tank. And although it was indeed funny (they had small frogs in there which got drunk and started doing back flips :rofl ) I now regret it a great deal. So if you're going to be having idiots like me at your party you should really do something to protect them.

Edited by Erika. It is NOT acceptable to use symbols that LOOK like the letters to spell a bad word. We have children here.

yeah put something over the tanks and turn out their lights. keeping the light out can help reduce their stress. also. buy like 5 rolls of duck tape and just cover your dorway :rofl . That may help

Also. I have a 1000 watt stero in my room that i blew almost my whole summers pay on and the fish dont seem to mind

Edited by Fuzzy Peaches

Its really cute!! My parents have an african grey parrot that loves a tv show over here. The bill, he loves the sirens and starts immatating them when they are on. :rofl

But the cloth over the tank sounds like the best idea :) have a fun party :)