Quick Way To Shell Peas...

Guest shappers

well, what i do is i cut the pea in half almost all the way down frozen. then i grab the two halves which are still conected at the bottom by the shell and i pull the skin right off.

Hard to explain

I just cook them, squish them and voila! Instant pea intestines! You could give them to Padymelon, my rat, shes a pro at skinning peas :P She can eat the inside with hardly even touching the outside! Sometimes I think "hrmm she didn't eat any of her peas, is she ok?" Then i touch the peas and they are all skins!!

I just pierce the skin a bit with my fingernail, squish/squeeze and WHOOM! Pea insides ready for dining, lol.

If you are trying to keep the peas intact after shelling, don't bother with that. It's better to squish it/break it up a bit so it's not too big for ingestion, anyway.

Lisa

Guest 2 commons

Just a thought have you ever thought of using baby food peas. they are already skinned and squished. Heat it up add some clear gelitin. voila! instant pea gel food. much easier than skinning each pea. This is what i do when my fish are having problems and requires peas. good luck.